Central Wyoming College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adjunct Instructor Academic Year 2018 - 2019 (Pool)
at Central Wyoming College
Instructional faculty have the important responsibility of creating an innovative learning environment both inside and outside the classroom to inspire success and excellence in student learning. Instructional faculty members are also expected to adhere to professional standards and ethics.
Adjunct Instructors are compensated at a rate of $600 per load hour. This is subject to prorating based on student enrollment per course.
We are in specific need of instructors for the following disciplines:
- None at this point. If you wish to submit your application for a future opportunity, please complete this application.
- Instructional responsibilities include preparing and delivering appropriate course content in cooperation with other department faculty or the division chair, evaluating students’ performance, maintaining up-to-date records of students’ progress, guiding students’ learning experiences, etc.
- Departmental responsibilities include attending department/division meetings when requested, assuming responsibility for own continuing education by participation in workshops, seminars, etc., and assuming responsibility to maintain open and positive communication with colleagues.
- Institutional responsibilities include adhering to institutional philosophy, policies, and procedures, serving as a resource person to the college and community.
- Operate within the guidelines set forth in the College’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as directed or assigned.
Education - Master’s degree in a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Experience - Successful teaching experience preferably at the community college level.
Copies of transcripts must be provided at time of application. Please attach any relevant transcripts to this application. Official transcripts will be required upon hiring from all degree granting institutions. If you cannot attach them to your application when prompted, please mail to CWC, ATTN: Human Resources, 2660 Peck Ave, Riverton, WY 82501.
1. Excellent oral and written communications skills.
2. Demonstrable ability to use personal computer software, preferably Microsoft applications.
3. Ability to relate to a broad range of students.
4. Commitment to exploring non-traditional approaches to education in a comprehensive community college atmosphere.
5. Ability to promote a positive atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation both within the college and the community.
6. Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow multiple projects and tasks through to completion.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality and to effectively identify and resolve problems.
8. Experience with a wide variety of distance delivery methods