COP Construction LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Underground Utility Pipe Superintendent
at COP Construction LLC
About the Company:
COP Construction LLC ("COP"), established in 1947, is a general contractor working predominantly in Montana, Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. COP specializes in the following types of work: bridges, dams, concrete structures, water, sanitary sewer and storm drain utilities, water and sanitary sewer treatment plants, containment ponds, subdivisions, general site work, and recreational facilities. COP works successfully with clients in both the public and private sectors. We are driven by our commitment to safety, excellence and integrity. We employ approximately 200 full-time personnel with a diverse range of expertise. Many of our people have been with the company for decades. With access to this vast resource of experience and knowledge, we have the ability to create the perfect team for every project. Offices are located in Billings, MT, Salt Lake City, UT, and Sheridan, WY, with field offices at project sites.
Working at COP:
- Best in class pay, bonuses and an excellent benefits package including 100% company paid family health, dental and vision insurance for you and your family. COP also offers an excellent 401k match, paid time off, holidays, company provided vehicle and much more!
- Work for an excellent company with a rich 70+ year history!
- COP is the right fit for you!
- Have a work-life balance working for COP!
- Work for COP, build America & the communities where we live & work!
- We have fun together at work and outside of work by attending company sponsored events such as baseball, basketball, hockey games and more.
- COP provides excellent growth opportunities to our people, we promote from within.
- We believe our Core Values are the key to the success of our culture, and we live by them.
- Be part of a growing and successful team. Come join the COP family!
About the Position:
The Project Superintendent is responsible for all on-site management of underground utility construction projects and field personnel from inception to completion of each assigned project. Must have direct knowledge and experience in underground utility construction which consists of water, storm, sewer, etc. 5 years of construction supervisory experience preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and motor vehicle history record that meet company insurance requirements.
- Leads with positive attitude toward policies pertaining to safety, and regularly works to foster a safe work environment.
- Responsible for all aspects of safety on the job site including but not limited to safety incidents, safety equipment, and safety precautions.
- Reviews, understands, and implements construction project documents such as contracts, plans, specifications, drawings, job layout, as-builts and quantity books sufficient to perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Responsibility on the job site includes but not limited to; assisting in the determination of manpower and equipment needs, project scheduling, personnel hiring, equipment maintenance, tool and material requirements and managing subcontractors.
- Assists with time cards and record keeping - timely and accurately maintains and completes quantity records and time cards.
- Timely and accurately maintains and keeps current all construction documents (change orders, schedules, purchase orders, RFI’s, submittals, daily dairies and quantity books.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Project Manager or other Operations Management (other duties as assigned.)
- Drive a motor vehicle safely to visit job sites, attend meetings, travel as necessary, and otherwise perform the responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management and/or 5 years of construction supervisory experience preferred. Must have direct experience and knowledge of underground utility construction.
- Proficiency in the use of PC with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must be able to read blue prints, construction contracts, subcontracts and other construction documents, plans and specifications.
- Ability to initiate and maintain business relationships – including working effectively with owners, engineers, co-workers, subcontractors, suppliers, and the public.
- Must be able to travel to and live in the area of remote construction project locations as may be required for whatever periods of time as are necessary to complete such projects.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and motor vehicle history record that meet company insurance requirements. Class A CDL preferred.
Successful candidate must meet all conditions of COP's Drug and Alcohol testing requirements as a condition of employment. Drug/alcohol screening is administered post-offer and pre-employment.
COP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. COP complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), both the analysis of work and the position description must focus on essential functions and what are actually required and not the ways they are currently or customarily performed. “The term essential function means the fundamental job duties of the employment position the individual with a disability holds or desires.” (Reference 29 CFR §1630.2(n)(1).) The physical demands for this position is as follows: stretching, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; reaching, handling, smelling, talking, hearing; seeing; or other demands.
COP participates in E-Verify, click here to learn more