Extra Space Storage
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Field Human Resources
at Extra Space Storage
Would you enjoy partnering with and supporting division leaders across the country? Are you passionate about taking care of internal customers? You will love our fun and dynamic company culture! We want a high-energy and creative leader that brings awesome human resources skills and is ready to join our fast-growing Extra Space family. Since 2016 we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one. In 2018, we were a recipient of one of the Best Places to Work according to Glassdoor.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of People Operations, the Director of Field People Operations will manage all day-to-day aspects of the people team in the field. You will innovate and collaborate with leaders to set and implement the people strategy and ensure that our strong culture continues to thrive.
"Our people are the lifeblood of Extra Space." -Joe Margolis, CEO, Extra
Leads a team of remote HR professionals supporting our field operations. Detailed responsibilities include:
- Oversee and implement disciplinary practices, termination procedures, complaint resolution, investigations of employment practices, worker’s compensation and unemployment administration and arbitration procedures. Utilize in-depth knowledge of company policies, past practices and employment law. Resolve employee relations issues in a productive and service-oriented way
- Partner with field leaders to support field people objectives.
- Implement field operations people strategies that provide effective support to company operations. By diagnosing problems that influence performance and develop cost-effective solutions to promote well-managed change and a balanced program throughout the company
- Provide direction and guidance in the delivery of day-to-day services and management of ongoing projects. Confer with staff regarding precedent setting issues and administrative practices
- Partner with managers in support of company efforts including new manager transition meetings, focus groups, and other global support programs as requested
- Knowledge of management requirements, wage and salary principles and wage and hour laws
- Continued study of new human resource practices, legislative developments, trends and industry knowledge through participation in professional and industry associations
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50%. This position is based out of the corporate office in Salt Lake City.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Masters preferred.
- 5+ years of national or regional Human Resources experience.
- SPHR and/or or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Experience with a publicly traded company preferred.
- A creative approach to problem solving, with a humble, team oriented and optimistic attitude.
- Ability to think strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
- Leadership skills balanced with a willingness to play a 'hands-on' role with key projects.
- Ability to effectively translate complex information into clear and effective messages.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels.
- Proven verbal and written presentation skills including communicating complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
- Goal oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize on a consistent basis in an ever-changing environment.
We value diversity at Extra Space Storage. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.