Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Solution Senior Area Operator
at Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Promote a safe and efficient manufacturing environment within the Fill Room area of the Solution Department. Responsible for properly setting up, documenting and verifying process parameters. Verify labels and components. Perform and document in-process testing. Responsible for monitoring production to ensure that line meets or exceeds goals in volume, efficiency, rejects and material usage while maintaining a safe working environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, follows established company policies and procedures and applies acquired job skills to perform all in-process testing and document the results on the Batch Production Record (BPR)
- Prior to the start of each shift or production lot, perform the following:
- Obtain the Batch Production Record (BPR) from the staging area and verify the product code, lot number, and production quantity against the department production schedule.
- Perform area clear to ensure that all components from the previous lot have been removed from all machines in areas on line.
- Ensure product board reflects current lot.
- Verify that the entire label is correct and legible.
- Checks all production materials to check that they are correct, labeled and staged following first in first out policy.
- Ensure that all process equipment is calibrated and operating in validated parameters.
- Setup and challenge the accuracy of the check weigh scale.
- Obtain and label all required samples.
- Compile the Batch Production Record (BPR) and accurately complete all required information.
- Identify any factors that effect performance. This may include personnel issues, equipment failures, inefficient processes, etc. Report all such problems to management and recommends steps to alleviate problems and increase efficiency.
- Maintain hourly production record showing volumes, downtime, etc.
- May provide assistance to junior staff with more general support tasks that require a better understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- May refer to senior staff for assistance with higher level problems that may arise.
- Escalates issues to supervisor for resolution, as deemed necessary.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk throughout a 12 shift, and wear personal protective equipment that may include safety glasses, hair net, face mask, solution bunny suit, cut glove. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Donning/ Doffing is required.
- High School Diploma required
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 1 – 2 years' related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity