Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Java Developer - PWM Billing
at Goldman Sachs
- Job ID
- Schedule Type
- Full Time
- Vice President/Executive Director
- Business Unit
- PWM Operations
- Employment Type
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity in Technology to work as a lead developer on the latest technologies and solve complex problems in the world of finance at one the leading investment banks in the world , we have one for you in Private Wealth Management (PWM) technology at Goldman Sachs.
The PWM business provides end to end Investment Management services and advice across a full range of asset classes for High net worth individuals. The PWM Technology team provides critical technology services across a range of front and back office applications to support the PWM business.
The PWM technology team is looking for experienced software engineers to lead work on critical projects on Java and Big data technologies. In this role the engineers have a unique opportunity to work along with other technologists, business and operational partners to architect world class solutions to complex problems on very modern technical stack. The role would require candidates to have a solid understanding of JAVA applications, RESTful APIs, Spring Boot applications, Big Data systems. The candidates would be responsible for working on all phases of the development cycle from design to final production roll-out and post production support where applicable.
The contributions you make in your projects, through your innovation, engineering skills and software expertise will make a direct and immediate impact on expanding the business.
Unique challenges in the role include working on systems that need to be extremely fast , scalable and resilient to support the ever growing needs of a business in global markets for example ,processing millions of transactions on hundreds of thousands of accounts , having fault tolerant systems etc. Additionally, the role would require you to work with a wide variety of business and technology partners around the world, and focus on multiple project deliveries at the same time.
If you have the skills, energy and passion to write JAVA code in the world of finance and want to challenge yourself to take on bigger opportunities, look no further, come join our team!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- This role offers the opportunity to work on several kinds of projects that include, but not limited to, business initiated projects to rollout new products or launch products in new markets , technical reachitecture projects for scaling up the business and enhancing client experience and regulatory projects to make sure PWM is in compliance with the regulations.
- This role offers the opportunity to work directly with various stakeholders, including Technical Architects, Business sponsors to develop innovative solutions for the Private Wealth Management platform.
- Developers will be challenged to bring new ideas, best practices and a strong commitment to quality.
- Developers will have access to a variety of training opportunities made available by the firm to help them grow in their careers.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 7-10 years of experience in Java, J2EE, Spring technologies.
- Analytical skills to perform technical and functional analysis.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good Leadership skills
- Ability to write Web Services, RESTful API and Microservices
- Big data technologies ( Apache Spark )
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.