Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior GL Accountant
at MASTER CONTROL
- 05-Nov-2018 to 04-Jan-2019 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
MasterControl Inc. creates software solutions that enable life science and other regulated companies to deliver life-improving products to more people sooner. MasterControl's integrated solutions accelerate ROI and increase efficiencies by automating and securely managing critical business processes throughout the entire product lifecycle. More than 1,000 companies worldwide, ranging in size from five employees to tens of thousands, rely on MasterControl cloud solutions to automate processes for new product development, clinical, regulatory, quality management, supplier management, manufacturing and post-market surveillance. MasterControl solutions are well-known for being scalable, easy to implement, easy to validate and easy to use. For more information, visit www.mastercontrol.com.
The Senior GL Accountant will be responsible for managing significant accounting operations specifically related to month-end close processes and management of the general ledger.
- Completion of monthly financial reports, reconciliations and fixed asset management
- Monthly review and recognition of revenue
- Record and review prepaids, accruals, and other journal entries
- Cash management functions including maintenance of check register, bank reconciliations, credit card management, and some forecasting
- Commissions calculation
- Review and enforcement of internal policies and procedures and US GAAP reporting
- Continuous improvements to current processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Sales and Use tax accounting/calculation
The successful candidate must have the following:
- 5+ years of accounting experience with financial statement preparation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and fixed assets
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited College or University
- Software revenue recognition background preferred
- Experience with foreign currency accounting
- Strong reconciliation skills
- Must have a strong financial close background and the ability to think critically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and good organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Netsuite accounting software experience preferred
- CPA preferred
Why Work Here?
MasterControl is a place where Exceptional Teams come together to do their best work. Hiring Exceptional Teams, including the best talent in our industry, is a core value of ours. MasterControl employees are surrounded by intelligent, motivated individuals every day. We like to call it #TheBestTeamOnThePlanet.
We value every employee and their contribution to what makes MasterControl successful. We give right back to the employee through a generous benefits package, great flexibility, and continuous opportunities for advancement.
Not only do we hire Exceptional Teams, but we work hard to keep them here by developing and challenging their skillsets, encouraging professional development and growth, and offering a culture that can't be found elsewhere. Which is why we say - #WhyWorkAnywhereElse?
To put it simply, working at MasterControl is fun, challenging, and rewarding. From our Fitness Clubs to our awards programs, from our company parties to our competitive benefits, you can't really go wrong. MasterControl could be your next (and last) career move!
We are growing quickly and always looking for talented individuals to add to #TheBestTeamOnThePlanet!
Here are some of the benefits MasterControl employees enjoy:
- Generous PTO package of three weeks, increasing after just three years of employment
- Competitive compensation with annual merit increase reviews
- 100% medical premium coverage (yes, you read that right!)
- Dental/Vision Plans
- 401k Plan
- Employer Paid Life Insurance Policy ($50K)
- Great Flexibility
- Wellness Programs (every employee gets a Fitbit!)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United states on a full-time basis.