Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Java Web Developer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Job Reference #: 19028891
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a mid-level Java Web Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Clearfield, UT. Please note that remote/telework is not available for this particular opportunity.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together...
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's APIMS software development team, to help maintain and develop APIMS; an enterprise Web application that is used world-wide by over 200 Department of Defense installations. The applicant will also have the opportunity to be mentored by an exceptional team of engineers with a collective century of experience in a variety of industries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of 6-8 software engineers to:- Maintain and develop code- Perform peer code reviews to ensure adherence to standards- Perform integration testing to ensure quality control- Participate in database modeling and design activities- Participate in user interface design activities- Collaborate with software requirements analysts and subject matter experts
To be considered for this position,you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listedbelow:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related STEM degree/discipline and 5 years of software engineering experience
- 2 years of on-the-job experience with the following technologies:
- Java 8
- Spring MVC
- SQL (i.e. writing / optimizing / maintaining SQL statements)
- 2 years of on-the-job experience with developing Java Web applications
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance upon hire
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to work at the Clearfield, UT location
Candidates with these desired skillswill be given preferential consideration:
- Experience working on Agile software development projects (i.e. using Sprint or Kanban methodologies)
- Experience functioning effectively in a CMMI and/or ISO 9001 certified organization
- Experience designing data structures and/or user interfaces
- Certification in any of: CSSLP, CISSP, OCJP, OCP, or Scrum Master
- 2 years of on-the-job experience with any of the following technologies:
- Spring MVC
- Angular, jQuery, or ReactJS
- JPA / Hibernate
- SVN, CVS, or Git
- Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.