Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Scientist, Marketing
- Pos. Category
- Location : City
- Salt Lake City
- Location : State/Province
- Created Date
- Regular Full-Time
The Marketing team is looking for an outstanding Data Scientist to join its growing Data Science organization. This person will play a central role in one of our company’s most highly visible departments, pulling insights from the data warehouse to guide strategic decisions of C-Level executives and shape the way that we find and serve our customers.
As the Data Scientist, Marketing, you will work closely with the Director of Marketing Science, channel managers, and a variety of cross-functional teams to identify promising market segments and optimize our marketing efforts to efficiently drive profitable growth. You will work closely with the Data Science team on a range of compelling projects, from recommendation engines to lead scoring to marketing mix modelling. To be successful in this roll, you will use creativity and curiosity to make meaningful contributions across these efforts.
The ability to pull data using tools such as SQL, mySQL, Google Analytics, and Adobe Analytics will be key in this role; building models in R, Python, or Spark; work with IT resources to first test, then deploy their models. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a range of analytical techniques, from machine learning (e.g., support vector machines, gradient boosted trees, random forest) to simple t-tests and power analyses. Experience with distributed processing is a plus.
- Help design and deliver long term analytics projects: finding answers to business problems, implementing a solution, and tracking downstream effectiveness.
- Communicate effectively with peers on the marketing science team, internal clients, and company leadership regarding ongoing projects and future possibilities.
- Carry out ad-hoc data extracts and analyses as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience in data science / data analysis or an advanced degree (MS, MBA, PhD) in a related field.
- Fluent in English and at least one language related to statistical analysis (e.g., R, SAS, Spark, STATA), data management (e.g., Hadoop, SQL), and/or basic computing such as C++, Java, Julia, or Python.
- Attention to detail and overarching curiosity are both essential.
- Willingness to learn new quantitative techniques and programming languages.
- Responsible and reliable; able to set and meet deadlines.