Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Writer (Contract)
- Pos. Category
- Information Technology
- Location : City
- Salt Lake City
- Location : State/Province
- Created Date
Want to work on a world-class team building life-changing financial products? Let me introduce you to Progrexion – that’s what we do every day.
Based in downtown Salt Lake City, our team builds industry leading services that help consumers access, understand, and verify their credit reports are fair, accurate, and substantiated. Our services power the technology behind Lexington Law (an independently owned law firm), Credit.com, and CreditRepair.com. And the good news? We have a lot of fun while we do it.
This candidate will be working as part of a team of Technical Writers, under the direction of Data Analysts, to create a Data Dictionary that can be trusted and provide invaluable information. The successful candidate will demonstrate our Corporate Guiding Values of Integrity, Consumer Advocacy, Teamwork, Development, Quality and Performance in all areas of their work. They will be a curious, thorough and meticulous team player with a great attitude and good communication skills that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment under direct supervision.
Be a Technical Expert
- Document databases and organize business terminology that will be used across all departments.
- Contextualize data with the purpose to identify and collect metadata.
Be an Information Gatherer
- Interview subject matter experts to define processes, procedures and workflows.
- Standardize an enterprise-wide glossary using internal business terminology.
Be a Team Player
- Collaborate with technical writers, subject matter experts and business analysts.
- Display professional, enthusiastic, and approachable demeanor.
- Open-minded and curious of others opinions, feedback and ideas.
- Basic understanding of data dictionaries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Visio, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interview others and articulate points of view.
- Experience in technical writing, system flow charts and ER diagrams preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to adjust focus and prioritize on multiple tasks.
- Ability to follow an established process under supervision.
- Working knowledge of relational Databases (MySQL, SQLServer and PostgreSQL).
- Academic specialization in marketing, finance, computer science or a related field.