Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Java Developer
at SAVAGE COMPANIES
- Job ID
- Employment Type
- Regular Full-Time
- Corporate & Internship
Savage Services is currently hiring for a Sr. Java Developer to join our team! In this role, you will analyze, design, develop, maintain, and unit test new and existing software applications. Work as an integral part of the Software Development team and assist where and when needed. To be successful in this position, you will need to be comfortable working through every layer of a software package and be able to work as an individual or in a team environment. We need a motivated and enthusiastic individual who is a fast learner to join us as we create incredible products. We are looking for someone that wants a long term future with an amazing company.
- Architect and design software through all development life cycles
- Analyze, design, develop, maintain, and unit test new and existing software applications.
- Able to switch between projects to provide assistance where needed.
- Work with company managers and executives to obtain requirements.
- Assist customer service representatives with escalated service calls.
- Participate in daily standup meetings.
- Participate as needed in paired programming efforts.
- Participate in team problem solving discussions
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in software development.
- 5+ years of experience in web application development.
- 5+ years of development experience on java spring applications.
- 4+ years of experience in modern MVC development.
- 4+ years of database design and SQL development.
- Experience with technologies including but not limited to
- REST web services
- Angular 5
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.