Sleep Number Beds
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Plant Quality
at Sleep Number Beds
The Plant Quality Manager is responsible for the plant level quality processes including receiving inspection, end of line inspection, and all in-process quality assurance.The manager will be responsible for training team members in a variety of tools including Six Sigma, Lean, capability studies, etc. to develop a team that will be quality champions on the manufacturing floor. Success will be measured through achieving warranty goals, in-process yield improvement, and contribution to the improvement of the overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) metric.
- Develop an execute a strategic quality transformation plan for the Irmo facilities including a training, metric development, and prioritized areas to attack.
- Advance quality in both facilities to utilize industry standard processes including, but not limited to, gage R&R studies, validation processes, SOP's, etc.
- Assist in the development of an agreed upon OEE metric to incorporate quality. Track plans and improvement successes.
- Lead a team of technicians and leads in the execution of in-house manufacturing quality continuous improvements.
- Develop and leverage cross-functional relationships to ensure both process and product improvements needed to achieve the quality goals are implemented.
- Train and develop a team of technicians to influence change by focusing on continuous improvement of processes and product.
- Communicate effectively across the company on current metric performance, action plans, milestones and progress.
- Partner with the lean manufacturing team to implement the operational quality piece of the OEE metric.
- Prioritization of above to achieve business objectives.
Key Performance Indicators
- In-house Quality - Improvement of OEE through yield and rework improvements
- Warranty - Improvement for plant manufactured products.
- On-Time Delivery to the logistics chain
- BS in Engineering
- 8 years experience in engineering, manufacturing, or quality functions.
- 3 years of progressive leadership roles within the engineering, manufacturing, or quality functions.
- Experience leading lean programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Leadership both direct and indirect
- Ability to build and influence cross functional partners
- Business acumen to balance and prioritize multiple objectives
- Technical Analytical and decision making skills
Working Conditions (if applicable)
- Travel up to 10% required
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
We’re passionate about improving lives. Be part of a health, wellness and technology revolution with quality sleep at its core. Join Team Sleep Number.
- 580 Sleep Number® stores with more than 4,300 employees nationwide
- Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with manufacturing and distribution facilities in South Carolina and Utah and a customer contact center in Louisiana
- Innovator in smart bed technology with Silicon Valley-based SleepIQ® LABS
- Exclusive owner of the end-to-end experience: manufacturer, marketer, retailer and servicer of the Sleep Number® bed
- More than $1.5 billion annual revenue in 2018