Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Optumcare Clinical Administrative Coordinator - West Valley City, UT - 727976
at UnitedHealth Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 727976
Categories: Administrative/Clerical, Healthcare - Admin/Office/Records/Finance, Healthcare - ALL CATEGORIES
OptumCare is a network of health care providers in the Southwest, whose mission is to connect and support providers by working together to deliver the most effective and compassionate care to each and every patient they serve. Optum Medical Network’s focus is to do the right things for patients, physicians, and the community. Optum Medical Network’s Core Business is contracting directly with health insurers to deliver a highly personal care management and service model to their patients. The current focus of Optum Medical Network is on seniors, and those with complex care needs, who most benefit from a high touch model of care.
- Manage administrative intake of members or the admission / discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage request for services from members and / or providers
- Manage the referrals process, processing incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Receive care coordination notification cases for non-clinical assessment / intervention and provide appropriate triage
- Review requests for adverse determination, approval notification and processing notification requirements
- Assist the clinical staff with setting up documents / triage cases for Clinical Coverage Review
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Must be able to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Experience working within the Healthcare Industry
- Experience working with Healthcare Insurance
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Working Knowledge of Medical Terminology to communicate with members and providers
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Clinical Coordinator, Clinical Admin Coord, Clinical Administrative Coordinator, West Valley City, Utah, UT
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!