Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr Behavioral Medical Director - Salt Lake City, UT (Psychiatrist) - 719605
at UnitedHealth Group
- Consults with Care Advocate staff
- Conducts provider telephonic review and discussion, schedules on-site visits and shares information related to cost effective health care delivery and quality of care
- Conducts Peer Reviews
- Conducts appeals
- Interfaces with Professional Groups and Network Providers
- Actively participate in committees and meetings
- Seeking individual who is willing to work as part of a multidisciplinary team as an equal with team members
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of managers and/or senior level professional staff
- MD or DO degree required
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Current, unrestricted medical licensure in state of UT
- 5 years post-residency experience required
- Exposure to managed care highly preferred
- Strong team orientation and contributor to collaborative efforts
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Psychiatry, Behavioral, SLC, Doctor, Managed Care, MCO, Physician